Quebec City & a Versatile Leopard Dress

One day when we were in Canada, we decided to do a day trip from Montreal to Quebec City.  It ended up being a long 3 hour drive, but 100% worth it.  Old Quebec City is super quaint and fun to explore.

versatile leopard dress

 

 

Keep reading to hear about my unplanned purchase …

 

When we planned our trip, the weather report for Quebec was very mild and pleasant, but we happened to be there for a little heat wave.  I found that my dresses and skirts were my best bet for beating the heat and humidity. I only brought two though, so after I wore those, I popped into an H&M and found this adorable and versatile shirt dress.  Isn’t is cute?  I can wear it just like this, or with a belt, or as a summer duster over jeans or black pants.  For a last minute, spur of the moment purchase, I think I’ll get a lot of wear out of it.  Plus you know … not like leopard is SO in right now or anything!!

 

comfortable hot weather outfit for travel for women over 50

 

Old Quebec City is very charming, clean, and full of history.  It has cobblestone streets, outdoor cafes, historic old buildings, quaint shops, a scenic port … one pretty thing to look at after another!  While we were there several movie people were scouting out locations.

I want to go back and when I do, I’d love to stay at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac!  It’s a luxury hotel built in the late 1800’s and looks like a castle.  It’s amazing!  Many famous people have stayed here including Queen Elizabeth, Alfred Hitchcock, Charles Lindberg, Winston Churchill, Franklin D Roosevelt, and Ronald Regean.

Quebec City

charming Old Quebec City

 

 

If you missed it, be sure to check out my post about the Thierry Mugler Exhibit in Montreal.  Now, that’s FA-SHUN!!

And I hope everyone got to read my collaboration with Helzberg Diamonds!

If you follow me on social, you know that yesterday I sprained my ankle.  It’s a grade 2 sprain and I have to wear a boot and use crutches.  I’m trying to think of ways to make that the least bit fashionable.  Stay tuned!  😁

 

Fun & Fashion,

Dawn Lucy

About the blog: Fashion Should Be Fun is me talking to you, other middle aged women like me who are over 40, but not over fashion.  We still want to look beautiful and stylish.  We still want to have fun with trends.  And we don’t need anyone giving us rules, because we’re all different. We all have own shapes and bodies, parts we’d like to cover and parts we still don’t mind showing off a bit.  This is a place for me to share my love of fashion with you, style ideas, tips, trends, and inspiration. I know how liking the way we look can translate into confidence and energy. I know we have so much life left to live and so much adventure ahead of us. Let’s show the world you’re never too old to have fun and be fierce!

The post Quebec City & a Versatile Leopard Dress appeared first on Fashion Should Be Fun.



moda - hawa blgat elalm

إرسال تعليق

0 تعليقات